This individual provides administrative support to the Senior Leadership Team. Duties include frequent project-based work, site visit coordination, travel assistance, and scheduling of company meetings and/or events. This individual must project a professional company image through phone interaction to field sales team and external business contacts and must also possess a strong knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diverse workload.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative assistance and project management support to President and other Leadership team members.
- Coordinate company Site Visit Program logistics, including travel arrangements, approvals and tracking and provides quarterly analytics and reports on program success.
- Track corporate credit card expenses and provides monthly reconciliation to VHC Controller and VHC Finance Manager.
- Provide support and tracking for the Sunshine Act and Compliance Training.
- Enroll company new hires in business-related programs and applications for travel, communication and expenses.
- Book and manage travel for company-sponsored meetings including National Sales Meeting, annual Region Meetings, RSNA and other events as needed. Includes scheduling of conference space, guest travel, A/V requirements, food & beverage, entertainment and other event-related details.
- Book interview space and travel arrangements for potential VHC candidates during interview process.
- Maintain Master Contact Spreadsheets, updating and distributing monthly.
- Schedule company all-hands calls utilizing WebEx/conference lines and administers follow-up surveys.
- Take notes and compile actions during Leadership Team meetings, Coaching Staff meetings, Business Review Meetings, National Sales Meetings and distributes to team promptly.
- Track company inventory (projectors, cameras, laminator, etc.).
- Create, modify and proofread documents and presentations as requested by President and other Leadership Team members using appropriate Microsoft Office products.
- Manage, coordinate and support project-based work in partnership with President and Leadership Team.
- Perform general clerical duties, including photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Professionally manage confidential and time-sensitive materials.
- Respond to occasional phone calls and other communications from field sales team, staff and customers.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Superb organizational and project management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic and willing attitude
- Effective customer-service skills
- Proclivity for overachievement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- 2 years of experience minimum
- Undergraduate degree preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.